Aug 16, 2017
Save the Date: Massachusetts Healthcare Workforce Summit
The 4th Annual Massachusetts Healthcare Workforce Summit will be held Friday, Nov 3. Make plans to attend this exciting statewide event, sponsored by the Massachusetts Action Coalition (MAAC), which brings together nurses and leaders from across the healthcare spectrum working toward improved health for every resident and community in the state.
“We want to broaden our scope of participation in our Culture of Health work to engage public heath colleagues, community leaders, and all those committed to improving the health of our Commonwealth,” explained MAAC Project Director Patricia Crombie, MSN, RN
When: Friday, November 3, 8:30am – 3:30pm
Where: Devens Common Center
Featured speakers are:
- Susan Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Senior Advisor for Nursing and Director, Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action
- David Martin, Executive Director of the MA Health Council, will share insights from the council’s the nationally recognized report, Common Health for the Commonwealth: Report on Preventable Conditions and Social Determinants of Health.
The objectives of the full day program are:
- Hear how community partnerships are contributing to building a culture of health in Massachusetts
- Strengthen connections with partners and organizations in effort to build a culture of health
- Continue to advance work to implement the Institute of Medicine recommendations
- Learn how action coalitions are collaborating with diverse community stakeholders to build a culture of health across the nation
Learn more about the MAAC’s work on the Campaign for Action site or at www.mass.edu/nursing or email MAAC Project Director Pat Crombie, MAAC Project Director.