The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee supports the Campaign in the important effort to help prepare the field to care for an increasingly diverse population and, ultimately, to help shape the transformation of the health care delivery system.
The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee works to ensure that all Americans, regardless of race, religion, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any aspect of identity will have access to high-quality, patient-centered care in a health care system where nurses contribute as essential partners in achieving success.
- Deborah Washington, PhD, RN, MS, Director of Diversity for Patient Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Carmen Alvarez, PhD, CRNP, CNM, Assistant Professor, Department of Community-Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- Blake K. Smith, MSN, RN, President, American Association for Men in Nursing
- Alona D. Angosta, PhD, APRN, FNP, President, Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association, Inc
- Lisa Martin, PhD, RN, PHN, President, National Alaska Native American Indian Nurses Association, Inc
- Norma Cuellar, PhD, RN, FAAN, President, National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- Eric J. Williams, DNP, RN, CNE, President, National Black Nurses Association
- Debra Toney, PhD, RN, FAAN, President, National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurses Association
- Madelyn D. Yu, MSN, RN, President, Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc.