Apr 12, 2018
Did Somebody Say Nurses Week Video Contest?
Nurses Week is a few weeks away, May 6–12, and our friends at the “It Takes A Nurse” Facebook page are launching a video contest, with prizes! They want to highlight the unique ways nurses show their strengths—on or off the clock—whether through clinical care and leadership at medical practices, hospitals, schools, or workplaces; or through volunteer work or civic engagement like serving on an advisory board, participating in a community garden, creating a playground, or leading a walking group.
Chances are, you know—or you are—a person (or a team) who goes above and beyond to use their nursing skills to build a healthier community. Someone who has an inspiring story to share about the power of nursing.
It Takes a Nurse wants to hear that story.
The video submission doesn’t need to be fancy. You can make it by using your phone camera. It should be compelling and short, between 30 and 75 seconds. It should highlight a unique way that nurses are helping to build a culture of health, in any setting. Make it memorable and celebrate the many roles that nurses play.
- First Place: The winning video will be professionally filmed: a crew will come to your location and made into an educational video showing how It Takes A Nurse to build a culture of health. Winners will also receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse scrubs.
- Second and Third Place: Winners will receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse scrubs.
- 25 Runners-Up: Runners-up will receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse water bottles.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Film a 30 to 75 second video with up to four people in it.
- Email it to ItTakesANurse@gmail.com by April 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET (new extended deadline!).
- Include the name, title, employer, date of birth, and contact information (address, email, and telephone) of all the entrants in the email.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is the sponsor of this contest. Read the Official Contest Rules or watch the video below for more information.