Oct 21, 2020
AARP, Nurses on Boards Coalition Offer Nurses Board Opportunities
AARP and the Nurses on Boards Coalition (NOBC) are pleased to offer unique opportunities for nurses to serve in their communities. Specifically, AARP is looking for nurses who would like to develop or expand their service on boards by representing AARP locally on the issues such as improving patient care and supporting family caregivers.
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. AARP shares many priorities with NOBC, including:
- improving patient care and services
- supporting family caregivers
- creating more livable communities
- and advocating for policies that lead to better health and well-being.
“AARP recognizes the unique and trusted role that nurses play in all of our communities, providing care and expertise for better health for all,” said Susan Reinhard, RN, PhD, FAAN, senior vice president and director, AARP Public Policy Institute, and chief strategist of the Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA), an initiative of AARP Foundation, AARP, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Not coincidentally, CCNA runs the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, an initiative of those same three organizations that founded NOBC in 2014.
The shared interests between AARP and NOBC led to the collaboration with NOBC, which has a strategy of placing 10,000 nurses on boards by 2020.
Nurses,please join us in building a healthier America by raising the leadership voices of nurses:
- To learn more, AARP and NOBC will host an information session on November 17 at 12:30 p.m. ET, and you can register for the webinar.
- Share information about yourself and your service goals with AARP so AARP can contact you.