May 29, 2012
Transforming Health Care Delivery, Part I: The Role of Nurses in Health Plans
May 29, 2012
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
With a focus on wellness, prevention, and chronic care management, health plans play a major role in the health care system. Nurses are employed at all levels in health plans, and in every operating unit, influencing the development, direction, and implementation of patient and family centered programs. On this webinar, nurse leaders from health plans discussed the various roles that nurses fill in national health plans, including how these roles foster leadership and advancing health for consumers.
- Understand the general mission of health plans and the unique role they play in the overall health care system.
- Learn the roles that nurses play in health plans and the types of nurse lead programs and services delivered within them.
- Realize the links between nurses, health plans, the future of health care delivery, and the IOM’s recommendations.
- Susan Reinhard, PhD, RN, FAAN, senior vice president and director, AARP Public Policy Institute and Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA)
- Susan Kosman, RN, BSN, MS, chief nursing officer for Aetna
- Diane Hogan, DNP, RN, MA, director of clinical innovations for Humana Cares, a subsidiary of Humana Inc.
Health Plans Work Team Members:
- Susan Kosman, RN, BSN, MS, Aetna, Inc.
- Shelley Balfour, RN, BSN, MBA, Aetna, Inc.
- Diane Hogan, DNP, RN, MA, Humana Cares
- Susan M. Pisano, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- Cynthia G. Wark, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- Mary Aikins, RN, BA, CCM, Horizon Healthcare Innovations – Patient Centered Medical Home
- Tom Michels, RN, HealthPartners Medical Group
- Jared Thomas Skok, MPA, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Foundation