Maximizing HRSA Funding Opportunities to Advance Nursing Workforce Diversity
May 6, 2021
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM ET
The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action co-hosted a webinar with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the National League for Nursing. The webinar featured representatives from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), who discussed current funding opportunities.
- Janice Brewington, PhD, RN, FAAN, chief program officer, National League for Nursing
- Vernell DeWitty, PhD, RN, director for diversity and inclusion, American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Malissa Lewis, LL.M, Chief, Loan Repayment Branch, Division of National Health Service Corps, Bureau of Health Workforce, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Tara Spencer, MS, RN, chief, nursing education and practice branch, division of nursing and public health, bureau of health workforce, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Winifred V. Quinn, PhD, FAANP(H), director, advocacy and consumer affairs, Center to Champion Nursing in America, AARP
- Describe current HRSA funding opportunities including the Faculty Loan Repayment Program and the American Rescue Plan.
- Identify strategies for faculty recruitment and retention by using the Faculty Loan Repayment Program.
- Discuss the essential requirements for submitting a successful HRSA funding proposal.