Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners: Increases Access and Controls Cost – Spotlight California
April 30, 2014
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Hosted on April 30, 2014:
With the Affordable Care Act expanding coverage for millions of Americans over the next several years, increasing the supply of primary care available is essential. It is difficult, however, to rapidly increase the number of primary care practitioners, especially primary care physicians and advanced practice nurses. Therefore, immediate term access and affordability challenges must be addressed through utilizing medical personnel more effectively and efficiently. The Bay Area Council Economic Institute will present its findings from a recently completed study quantifying the increase in access, quality, and cost savings that stem from granting nurse practitioners full practice authority.
- Susan Reinhard, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President & Director, AARP Public Policy Institute; Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Susan B. Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, RWJF Senior Adviser for Nursing and Director, Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action
- Micah Weinberg, PhD, Senior Fellow, Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Patrick Kallerman, Policy Director, Healthy Systems Project
- Winifred Quinn, PhD, Co-Director, Center to Champion Nursing in America
- White Paper: Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners Increases Access and Controls Cost
- Find many more resources on removing barriers to practice and care.