The grantee will support academic progression through continued outreach including:
- Visiting 10 nursing programs and five other agencies.
- Visiting minority organizations.
- Promoting health careers to 20 high school and middle school students.
- Holding two meetings with Chief Nursing Officers from across the care continuum advocating for financial resources for nurses pursing educational advancement.
- Developing a “comparison profile” for graduate level degrees within the state.
- Providing six new $500 scholarships for graduate students with matching funds.
- Addressing diversity by forming a state chapter of a national minority nurses’ organization, and by including two of that groups’ members in the Action Coalition.
- Funding one member of that group to attend a national conference.
- Collecting nursing workforce data through re-licensure and from nursing schools, and plan to strengthen the data collection process. We may also require a new survey for students and faculty.
Sustainability efforts will include current support of Action Coalition infrastructure and a brainstorming session focused on re-establishing a Center of Nursing Excellence.