After extensive grassroots outreach, the Campaign for Action has identified four promising models with potential to accelerate education progression efforts nationwide. We will continue to promote these nursing education models identified by nurse leaders representing Action Coalitions across the country. This activity includes cultivating a learning collaborative on nursing education through in-person meetings, online community building, deployment of expert consultants, and in other ways connecting Action Coalitions with one another and with experts. The learning collaborative engages both community colleges and the business community (to include employers of nurses) to communicate the value of highly educated and trained nurses.
Snapshots of Progress
- Community Colleges and Nursing Education Leaders Endorse Academic Progression for Nurses
- Health Leaders Applaud Medicare’s First Initiative to Train More Highly Skilled Nurses
- North Carolina Nurses Continue State's Progressive Nursing Legacy
- Dedicated Education Unit: Increasing Educational Capacity and Improving Clinical Education (Massachusetts)
- In Oregon, Collaboration Key to Nurse Education