Jun 24, 2015
Wisconsin Center for Nursing Diversity Toolkit for Recruitment and Retention of Minority Nursing Students
June 24, 2015
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
With the dramatic increase of the diverse population of the United States, strategies are needed to critically address the landscape of the nursing profession in the delivery of healthcare. The ongoing insufficient number of minorities in the workforce to address the change in demographic of patients requires focus and intentional recruitment and retention practices.
- Describe evidence-based recruitment and retention strategies of underrepresented students.
- Identify health outcomes challenges as a result of historic and ongoing, insufficient representation of minority students.
- Promote resources for Action Coalition utilization
- Barbara Nichols, DNSc (honorary), MS, RN, FAAN – CCNA Diversity Consultant & Wisconsin SIP Project Coordinator
- Gloria V. Hawkins, PhD – Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Maichou Lor, RN, MS, PhD Candidate, University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Nursing