Sep 27, 2013
Resources and Promising Practices to Develop & Bolster a Diversity Action Plan
September 27, 2013
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Hosted on September 27, 2013:
AARP, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the Campaign for Action are committed to increasing diversity of nursing workforce, faculty, and leadership. We know that many Action Coalitions (ACs) are developing strategies and tactics to incorporate diversity into their overall strategic planning. On this webinar, ACs learned about criteria, informed by the Campaign’s Diversity Steering Committee and promising practices that will help create or bolster their diversity action plans. Participants also learned examples of how ACs are embedding diversity into strategic plans and heard about resources that will be available.
- Understand America’s changing demographics and the need for the nursing profession to reflect the population of which it serves.
- Understand the criteria of a specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely diversity action plan.
- Learn more about how ACs and other organizations are integrating diversity throughout their work.
- Susan B. Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, RWJF Senior Advisor for Nursing and Director Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action
- Deborah Washington, RN, PhD, Director of Diversity for Patient Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital Co-Chair, Campaign for Action Diversity Steering Committee
- Barbara L Nichols, DNSc (hon) MS, RN, FAAN, State Implementation Program Coordinator Diversity Wisconsin Action Coalition
- Adriana Perez, PhD, ANP-BC, Assistant Professor & Southwest Borderlands Scholar, Arizona State University, College of Nursing & Health Innovation