Sep 24, 2012
Preparing Nurses to Lead in Practice: Snapshots of Nurses from Sigma Theta Tau’s International Leadership Institute
September 24, 2012
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Hosted on September 24, 2012:
This webinar,Preparing Nurses to Lead in Practice, was presented by Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), showcased nurse leaders who are leading change and advancing health in current practice following participation in one of the STTI Leadership Academies. STTI prepares nurses to lead change to advance health across the care continuum through their ongoing Leadership Institute.
- Recognize the STTI Leadership Academy as one option to prepare and enable nurses to lead change and advance health.
- Describe the details of leadership and scholarly work found in the presented projects.
- Appreciate the value of a program that provides mentorship and leadership development opportunities for nurses.
- Establish a connection with STTI Leadership Academy through presenters who are representative of a variety of states/regions and area of practice specialty.
- Susan Reinhard, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President & Director, AARP Public Policy Institute; Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Katheryn B. Arterberry, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, Maternal-Child Health Nurse Leadership Academy
- Michael Clark, DrNP, CRNP, CNL, Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy
- Linda J. Hassler, RN, MS, GCNS-BC, FNGNA, Geriatric Nursing Leadership Academy
- Cynthia Vlasich, MBA, BSN, RN, Director of Education and Leadership, Sigma Theta Tau International