Legal Training: Winning Policy Campaigns with Non-Lobbying Funds
June 23, 2015
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Action Coalitions face limits on their “lobbying,” but those limits likely aren’t as restrictive as you think. This training aims to help Action Coalitions maximize their ability to influence public policy. On this webinar, participants will learn exactly what is meant by “lobbying” – and what isn’t covered by the definition. Too few people really understand the term, and too many people have misconceptions. Participants will also learn strategies for stretching non-lobbying dollars to maximize their organization’s effectiveness. Armed with this knowledge, you can plan your communications strategically to increase your ability to achieve policy goals – and, you can assure potential donors their funds will be used in a savvy yet legally compliant manner.
After viewing this webinar, you will:
- Know how to maximize the campaign’s branding for lobbying efforts.
- Understand ways to rally the public and legislators behind your policy goals, without crossing the line into “lobbying” so you can save your lobbying dollars for when they’ll have the greatest impact.
- Gain strategies for crafting advocacy messages without violating grant restrictions.
- Spot opportunities and pitfalls for using websites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Learn the traps that could turn a harmless tweet into a direct or grassroots lobbying communication!
- Winifred Quinn, PhD, Director, Advocacy & Consumer Affairs, Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Allen Mattison, Partner, Trister, Ross, Schadler & Gold, PLLC