Sep 25, 2020
Emerging Supports for Family Caregivers: Effects of Hospital Visitor Restrictions on Older Adults, Families, and Providers
September 29, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
The webinar focuses on the impact of hospital visitation restrictions during COVID-19. Hear from system leaders who nimbly adapted in crisis times to better support patients, family caregivers and hospital staff.
- Linda Burnes Bolton, DrPH, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President, Chief Health Equity Officer, Cedar-Sinai
- Margaret Gavigan, MSN, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, Regional Chief Nursing Officer & System Vice President, Clinical Operations, Advocate Aurora Health
- Bradley Kruger, M.A.Ed., MBA, System Vice President, Patient Experience, Advocate Aurora Health
- Kevin Biese, MD, Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine & Vice-Chair of Academic Affairs, UNC School of Medicine
- Susan C. Reinhard, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President and Director, AARP Public Policy Institute & Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America
- How do hospital visitor restrictions impact patients, family caregivers and providers?
- What promising practices are consistent with person- and family-centered care during COVID-19 and beyond?
- Why does creating a clear codified process around visitor policies and compassionate exceptions is critical to care quality and the hospital bottom line?
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more about AARP’s Home Alone AllianceSM and find tools and resources for enhancing the way your hospital supports family caregivers, visit www.aarp.org/nolongeralone.