Michigan developed professional advancement resources for nursing, including substantial content to support nurses in education and lifelong learning.
The project team developed a database describing nursing programs statewide, with links to each program and a rich level of detail including program length and costs. A career planning toolkit and career coaching content also include material in support of academic progression.
Michigan worked with an interdisciplinary team of stakeholders to develop and test a learning program for interprofessional team-based care. Evaluation showed the program, offered as a series of online courses people could complete on their own, was broadly useful to nurses and well-liked by nursing employers.
- Michigan Recommends Framework for Diversifying State Nursing Workforce
- Michigan Creates Career Planning Toolkit for Nurses
- Basics of Interprofessional Collaboration Training Module – Michigan Center for Nursing
- Michigan Nursing Career Guide and Evaluation
- Nursing Education Program Database – Michigan Action Coalition
- Career Coaching Modules–Michigan Center for Nursing
- Michigan’s Nurse Education Database