Apr 14, 2017
New Mexico Offers Broad Horizons for First of Three 2017 Workshops
New Mexico is home to the first of three 2017 workshops to help Action Coalitions continue pursuing the Institute of Medicine recommendations while creating healthier communities. The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action hosts the event with the New Mexico Action Coalition and the University of New Mexico College of Nursing. “Building on the Campaign for Action Pillars to Create a Healthier America” takes place over two days, during which Action Coalition members will:
- Learn and share ideas on how Action Coalitions are collaborating with diverse stakeholders to build a Culture of Health in their states.
- Develop strategic thinking to find new allies to work with to build a Culture of Health.
- Strengthen connections with your long-time partners through Culture of Health work.
- Advance nurses as active participants in Culture of Health work.
- Communicate more easily and effectively about a Culture of Health.
Welcome From the New Mexico
Action Coalition and the
University of New Mexico
College of Nursing
Dear Action Coalitions,
The two of us are thrilled to welcome Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action and other colleagues from across the country to continue work on implementing Institute of Medicine recommendations and building a Culture of Health in communities across the nation.
Kim is board president of the New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence and co-chair of the New Mexico Action Coalition, and Nancy is dean of the University of New Mexico College of Nursing. The synergy between our two organizations is rich and is facilitating collaboration in moving the Culture of Health work forward in New Mexico. Together, we are proud to host “Building on the Campaign for Action Pillars to Create a Healthier America.” We hope this April 19-20 meeting is inspiring and useful to support your states’ Action Coalition efforts.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Sigma Theta Tau International
Gamma Sigma Chapter at UNM