Jul 15, 2019
2019 Michigan Nursing Summit: Widening the Lens. Broadening Perspectives. Thinking Differently.
Join Us for the 2019 Michigan Nursing Summit
October 17-18, 2019 | Detroit, MI
The Michigan Center for Nursing’s Michigan Nursing Summit is an annual event that convenes nurses from all over the state of Michigan. This year’s Summit will equip nurses with knowledge to promote understanding of underlying health factors, and the impact that these have on patient interactions and outcomes.
Topics will include:
- Unconscious Biases
- Cultural Congruency
- Food Insecurity and Wellness
- LGBT+ Aging
- Behavioral Health and Recognizing Crisis
- Creating Healthy Work Environments
- Humor, Self-Care, and Resiliency
- Academic Research
- Professional Longevity
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit – Dearborn
Address: 5801 Southfield Fwy, Detroit, MI 48228
Phone: (313) 336-3340
Book Here for Group Rate: doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/D/DTTDBDT-MNS-20191016/index.jhtml
Nurses, Nursing Students, Educators, Clinicians, Researchers, and Community Partners attend the Summit from all over the state of Michigan and neighboring states.
- Understanding unconscious biases, cultural congruency, and the socio-historical contexts that impact provider-patient communication and quality of care.
- Current healthcare trends and issues requiring nursing leadership for individual patients, systems, and vulnerable populations.
- Techniques for professional resiliency, self-care, and workplace harmony and ways to integrate these techniques into practice.
This activity will be submitted to the Midwest Multistate Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For more information regarding contact hours, please call Kristin Sewell at 517-908-8243.