Building a Culture of Health: The Leadership Role of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses
September 19, 2018
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM ET
The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action and the National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) invite you to a webinar highlighting nurse leaders promoting a Culture of Health among Latino/Hispanic communities. NAHN is committed to advancing the health of Hispanic communities by leading, promoting and advocating for educational, professional, and leadership opportunities for Hispanic nurses.
The webinar will feature NAHN leaders, including Norma Cuellar, PhD, RN, FAAN, NAHN’s president, who is also a member of the Campaign for Action’s Diversity Steering Committee, which supports the Campaign in its work to help prepare the field to care for an increasingly diverse population. The Campaign is an initiative of AARP Foundation, AARP and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).
The webinar will highlight data focused on Hispanic health, including NAHN health promotion initiatives, and opportunities to engage with national and local members to increase the diversity of students, the nursing workforce and leadership.
In addition to Cuellar, presenters include:
- Cresta Archuletta, NAHN executive director
- Anabell Castro-Thompson, MSN, APRN, ANP-C, FAAN, NAHN past president
- Alana Cueto, MSN, RN, CNL, NAHN board member
- Angie Millan, DNP, RN, FAAN, NAHN board member and past president
- Adriana Perez, PhD, RN, CRNP, ANP-BC, FAAN, FGSA, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, assistant professor of nursing (facilitator)
- Winifred V. Quinn, PhD, FAANP (H), Center to Champion Nursing in America, director of advocacy and consumer affairs (welcome)
- Review RWJF’s County Health Rankings and Roadmaps focused on Hispanic/Latino communities.
- Learn more about NAHN, including: mission, history, leadership initiatives and activities focused on building a healthier America.
- Discuss NAHN-funded grants focused on mentorship and promoting academic progression among Latino/Hispanic students.
- Learn about the Campaign for Action’s Diversity Steering Committee and how NAHN chapters throughout the nation can engage with the Campaign’s state-based Action Coalitions.