Maryland Approves Diversity Strategic Plan
The Maryland Action Coalition leadership team in 2017 approved the final version of its strategic plan to increase diversity and inclusion. The plan listed five goals and corresponding initiatives to improve nursing workforce diversity in the state. The five goals are:
- Diversity and inclusion will be a priority in education, practice and leadership settings.
- Organizational intentionality on training will hold employees accountable for demonstrating learning and changes in behavior.
- Develop support programs for under-represented faculty, students and staff with a focus on thriving.
- Encourage associations and affinity groups to work with each other to further the goals of diversity and inclusion.
- Develop a uniformed method for benchmarking and tracking data.