2018 Maryland Action Coalition Summit – Register now!
2018 Leadership Summit
Monday, May 21, 2018
University of Maryland School of Nursing,
This year’s summit focuses on building a Culture of Health in Maryland, through the lenses of health disparities and the transformation of nursing education. We invite abstract submissions for either podium or poster presentations. Abstracts that address the following areas will be reviewed.
Advancing a Culture of Health through various initiatives:
The 2018 Summit Overview:
- Considers strategies and opportunities to improving health care services, health outcomes and minimize health disparities through policy and public health initiatives.
- Examines advancements in applying the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Culture of Health framework to improve health outcomes for diverse populations.
- Discusses how to apply the Culture of Health framework to address disparities and in particular address the opioid crisis in communities.
- Provides participants a forum in which to disseminate innovation in practice, education, policy and research in advancing the Culture of Health.
- Provides opioid overdose rescue training using Naloxone Nasal Spray.
We welcome everyone to the summit and are proud to be a part of this nationwide movement.