The Diversity Steering Committee supports the Campaign for Action in its work to emphasize the importance of a diverse nursing workforce and nurse faculty to help prepare the field to care for an increasingly diverse population and, ultimately, to help shape the transformation of the health care delivery system.
To narrow the health care disparities gap, to support the importance of a diverse workforce and to help prepare the discipline of nursing to care for an increasingly diverse population, the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action’s Diversity Steering Committee is organized to ensure that all Americans, regardless of race, religion, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any aspect of identity will have access to high quality, patient-centered care in a health care system where nurses contribute as essential partners in achieving success.
- Deborah Washington, PhD, RN, MS, Director of Diversity for Patient Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Antonia Villarruel, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Nola J. Pender Collegiate Chair, Associate Dean for Research and Global Affairs, University of Michigan School of Nursing
- William Lecher, RN, MS, MBA, NE-BC, President, American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- Beth Gonzalez, PhD, President-Elect Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association, Inc
- Beverly Patchell, RN, MS, CNS, President, National Alaska Native American Indian Nurses Association, Inc
- Jose L Alejandro, RN-BC, MSN, MBA, CCM, ACHE, President, National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- Deidre Walton, JD, MSN, RN, President, National Black Nurses Association
- Daisy L. Alford-Smith, Ph.D., President, National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurses Association
- Reynaldo Rivera, DNP, MA, EdM, RN, CCRN, NEA-BC, ANP, President, Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc.