The Diversity Steering Committee supports the Campaign in the important effort to help prepare the field to care for an increasingly diverse population and, ultimately, to help shape the transformation of the health care delivery system.
The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action’s Diversity Steering Committee works to ensure that all Americans, regardless of race, religion, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any aspect of identity will have access to high-quality, patient-centered care in a health care system where nurses contribute as essential partners in achieving success.
- Deborah Washington, PhD, RN, MS, Director of Diversity for Patient Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Carmen Alvarez, PhD, RN, CRNP, CNM, Assistant Professor, Department of Community-Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- Brent MacWilliams, PhD, MSN, RN, President, American Association for Men in Nursing
- Patricia T. Alpert, DrPH, MSN, APRN, President Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association, Inc
- Lisa Martin, PhD, RN, PHN, President National Alaska Native American Indian Nurses Association, Inc
- Anabell Castro Thompson, MSN, APRN, ANP-C, FAAN, President, National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- Eric J. Williams, DNP, RN, CNE, President, National Black Nurses Association
- Mila Velasquez, MN, RN, President, National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurses Association
- Leticia Hermosa, JD, PhD, MSN, President, Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc.