May 16, 2012
Nurse Leaders in the Boardroom—The Skills You Need to be Successful on a Board
Hosted on May 16, 2012:
The IOM report urges health care organizations to consider nurses for board leadership positions. This webinar highlights the skills and responsibilities of service on a board, what nurses can do to prepare themselves and how to take the first steps. Designed to be presented to nurse leaders nationwide, this unique webinar combines practical information with illustrative video interviews of nurse leaders who have served on boards.
- Understand the importance of nurse leaders serving on health care boards, the unique perspective they bring, and what board service offers to the nurses
- Understand the basic requirements of board service, including “stewardship” and “governance.”
- Learn how to prepare and be considered for board service, including additional resources
- Learn how to present this “Nurse Leaders in the Boardroom” program to nurse leaders at state and local venues.
- Susan Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Advisor for Nursing, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation & Director, Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action:
- Susan Reinhard, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President & Director, AARP Public Policy Institute; Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America:
- Antonia Villarruel, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Dean for Research and Global Affairs, Professor & Nola J. Pender Collegiate Chair, University of Michigan School of Nursing; Committee Member of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action Strategic Advisory Committee
Additional Video (Recorded) Presenters:
- Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Catherine Dodd, PhD, RN
- Catherine “Alicia” Georges, EdD, RN, FAAN
- Donna Policastro, RNP