Educating Multicultural Communities on the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (ACA): A Leadership Model for Nurses
Hosted on December 13, 2013:
This webinar featured AARP Arizona’s David Parra and Dr. Adriana Perez, a national nursing leader, based in Arizona. On the webinar, they described the train-the-trainer program they designed for nurses to educate the public about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). Their program was directed toward racially and ethnically diverse nurses who informed multi-cultural audiences about the ACA. There were many benefits for this program:
- A dozen nurses were educated on public policy, learned public speaking skills, as well as meeting preparation and implementation; and
- A dozen nurses informed close to 1200 people about the ACA; and
- AARP was able to reach these 1200 people by helping to prepare these new nursing leaders.
- Adriana Perez, PhD, ANP-BC, NAHN, Phoenix Chapter
- David Parra, Director of Community Outreach, AARP Arizona\
- Webinar Summary (see attachments)
- During the webinar, an “ACA Training Binder” was discussed. Click here to view ACA Training Binder.
|by Michael Pheulpin | December 23, 2013|