Connecticut Nursing Collabortive - Action Coalition 2012 Progress
Happy New Year! Many exciting activities happened in 2012 that have positively positioned our organization for 2013!
1. Hosted (2) Sessions focused on Leadership for our CNC-AC members to help support the development of their leadership skills and promote the importance of utilizing their talents & expertise to engage in leadership activities within their places of employment as well as on a statewide basis
2. Designed a customized Workforce Survey Tool and created a web application on the CLN website to survey the over 40,000 registered nurses in the State of Connecticut related to their employment, education and clinical specialties to help the state with future workforce planning and educational offerings
3. Emailed the Statewide Workforce Survey (based on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Minimum Dataset for Nursing Supply) to nurses in CT and as of January 1, 2013 we have received 1,300 responses. (A NEW PLAN for re-sending the survey needs to be created in January to reach MORE nurses and facilitate completion of the survey.)
4. Applied for and became a FINALIST for a $150,000 grant from RWJ and AARP with the help of the Annie E. Casey Foundation ($75,000 matching dollars) to further our statewide initiatives. (Finalists will be notified by Feb. 1, 2013 if awarded the 2-year grant dollars)
5. Created a CNC-AC portal on the national “Future of Nursing; Campaign for Action” website highlighting our statewide activities.
6. Hosted the FIRST Statewide Nursing Summit focused on adopting Educational Competencies for nursing graduates at all levels that attracted over 120 participants to the December 7, 2012 event.
7. Established (5) Regional Workgroups (RWGs) with Leadership representing BOTH Education & Practice to assess the 11 stated competencies and facilitate a “Gap Analysis Process” within their region.
Thank you to all who have participated in and supported the various CNC-AC activities during 2012!
We look forward to a very promising and productive 2013 and we will keep you posted on our grant status!
All the best,
Marcia Proto, Executive Director of CLN
Carole Bergeron, Executive Director of CNA
|by CNC- AC | January 11, 2013|